"A Light at the End of the Tunnel"
The folks at Demand Gen Report asked us to contribute to their 2019 Account Based Marketing trends report just released in ABM In Action. Personally, I often times don’t like these stories because the advice is terrible, but the real value in a publication like ABM In Action is that they can find a collection of really knowledgeable thought leaders on a topic. This years article is a really good read.
Overall, we see 2019 as a continuation of the rollercoaster we’ve seen recently but yet a budding start to a growing trend of increased ABM maturity. Increasingly, we’re hearing marketers focus on buyers within accounts, adopting strategies found in the Challenger or Demand Unit Waterfall models. As well, increased focus on activating their existing systems, like email/marketing automation and CRM, for data inputs as well as delivery channels.
Trends we identified:
- Trials give way to strategy
- Focus is changing from Accounts to People at Accounts (Demand units or Buying Groups)
- Platforms will continue to consolidate
- Rise of Agency relationships
- Marketers are abandoning ABS (Account Based SPAM)
- Measurement matures (ABM metrics)